ALL SIX COTTAGES are just steps away from the sandy shore of Sturgeon Lake and are fully renovated with:
- new queen size beds and pull-out couch
- hi-speed wifi (approx. 100MB/s)
- air conditioning and heating
- smart TVs (with premium cable)
- private deck and BBQ (with propane!)
- Tragically Hip / Gord Downie inspired hand-painted acoustic guitar
- fully equipped kitchen!
Plus enjoy all shared resort amenities including:
- private sandy beach (and sloped easy entry for swimming)
- waterfront firepit (and firewood!)
- beach chairs and loungers
- boat docks and floating swim dock
- outdoor playground and lawn games
- laundry facilities
- games room (with foosball, shuffleboard, board games & more)
- kayaks, canoes, pedal boats, stand-up paddleboards (& lifejackets)
1. Do you supply the wood for the fire?
1. Do you supply the wood for the fire?
– Yes, wood is provided free of charge for the shared waterfront fire pit. Please remember to put out the fire at the end of the night. PLEASE NOTE: There are occasional fire bans in the Kawartha Lakes region. Please visit this site for updates: https://www.kawarthalakes.ca/en/living-here/burn-bans-permits-and-by-laws.aspx
2. What kind of TV services do you have?
– We offer smart TVs featuring premium cable 80 channels and streaming services. We also offer hi-speed wifi (approx. 100 mb/s) for all guests.
3. Should I bring my own linens and bedding?
– We supply premium mattresses, mattress covers and pillows. We do NOT supply linens, blankets, pillow cases, towels or dish cloths. Please bring your own. Complimentary shared laundry facilities are available for guest use.
4. What about coffee?
– We supply a drip coffee maker and filters. Please bring your own ground coffee beans and fixings. Great cafes are within walking distance as well.
5. Can I bring more than one car? – Yes, we supply two marked parking spaces for every reservation. If parking becomes a challenge feel free to park in the overflow parking or on the street in front of the resort.
6. Can I tip my housekeeper?
– The suggested gratuity is $5 -$10 per night. We aim to have your cottage as spotless as possible prior to your arrival, and the arrival of guests after you. Please try to tidy your cottage to leave it in a similar state to when you arrived. Additional charges may incur for any excessive or unreasonable messes left for our team. If you find anything not up to our high standards when you arrive, please just let us know anytime, and we’ll make it right.
7. Do your cottages have Air Conditioning?
– Yes, we are happy to provide our guests air conditioning in every cottage. Cottages are also heated for cool nights.
8. Do you supply propane for the BBQ’s?
– Yes, we supply the propane. If by chance you run out during your stay, please message us as we have extra propane on site.
9. Can I bring my pet?
– Sorry we are a pet free resort.
10. Can I bring my boat?
– Yes, we have a total of two dock spaces for ski boats (reservation required) and a total of 4 dock spaces for fishing boats. There is a public boat launch one minute down the street.
11. Where is the best place to rent a boat? – Centre Point Marina and Birch Point Marina are nearby quality rental boat suppliers to Sturgeon Lake.
12. What amenities are included? All guests are welcome to enjoy our complimentary canoes, kayaks, pedal boats, paddle boards, lifejackets, firepit, games room, corn hole boards and more! Every cottage includes brand new quality furniture, hi-speed wifi, smart TV, and fully equipped kitchens. FOR DETAILED LIST OF KITCHEN/BATH ITEMS CLICK HERE.
Thank you so much for staying with us! Please remember to leave us a review. We would appreciate it and it will help with expectations for future guests. Your feedback gives us the ability to improve. We appreciate that any suggestions for improvements be sent to email@example.com and not shown publicly. ***Please tag us in any of your great social media photos and videos at @BobcaygeonResort #BobcaygeonResort !
“It was in Bobcaygeon where I saw the constellations reveal themselves on star at a time.” (Gord Downie, The Tragically Hip)
Campfire singalongs are a quintessentially Canadian camping experience. Borrow one of our complimentary acoustic guitars to make some music and memories and/or play our custom Spotify playlist to complete the perfect atmosphere of a lakefront campfire under the Bobcaygeon stars.
Restaurants & Shops near Bobcaygeon Resort
– Liquor Store (LCBO) – 37 King Street East, Bobcaygeon
– The Beer Store – 25 King Street East, Bobcaygeon
– Old Dogs Brewing Company
– Kawartha Country Wines
– The Bobcaygeon Inn and The Royal Moose Grill & Patio
– Eganridge Inn and Country Club
– 72 Bolton Sports Cafe
– The Grilled Cheese Hideaway
– The Full Cup Cafe
– The Grukk
– Che Figata
– Murphy’s Lockside Pub & Patio
– Gyro’s and Pizza Express
– The Garage
– The Locker Room
– One Eyed Jack
– Birch Plan
– Castle Johns
– Murphy’s (Drinks Only)
– Mainstreet Landing
Food Delivery Service:
– Everything is Bobcaygeon closes at 5pm. You would have to order from Lyndsay or Peterborough.
– Kawartha Dairy
– Kawartha Coffee + EL PATIO
– Wheatsheaf Cafe
– The Original Just for the Halibut Taphouse and Grill
– Godfathers Pizza
– Fergie’s Fries
– Canadian Tire
– Bobcaygeon Bakery
– Grants Butcher Shop
– DJ’s Variety
– Gateway Variety (open 24 hours)
– Pirate’s Cove Variety & Tackle on Hwy 36 by Nogies Creek
– London’s Trading Post
– Nancy Knits
– Shining Water Soap Company
– Silver Screen Toys and Collectables
– Vino Creations
– The Little Pie Shack
– Grr8 Finds Market
FREE THINGS TO DO:
– Visit Lock 32 or Lock 34
– Take a boat to Big Island Hiking Trails
– Furnace Falls
– Warsaw Caves
– Petroglyph Provincial Park
– Balsam Lake Provincial Park
– Kawartha Highlands
– Go to Sandy Lake Beach
– Ferris National Park
– Bobcaygeon Beach Park (coming soon just across the water from us!)
– Walk to downtown Bobcaygeon and watch the boats at Lock 32
– Cross our road and take the hiking trail all the way to Highway 8
– Take your boat to the Big Island at Pigeon Lake and go for a hike
– Find the Pigeon Lake Sandbar (Crossing a Lock 32 is required)
– Boat rentals and fuel are available at our neighbouring marinas
For the Children:
– Skate Park
– Splash Pad
– Tommy Anderson Park (Splash Pad)
– Arena Community Center
– Riverview Park & Zoo
– Dino Park
PAID THINGS TO DO:
– Lakeview Art Barn
– Miskwaa Studio & Outdoor Gallery
– Station Gallery of Fenelon Falls
– Academy Theater
– Lindsay Little Theater
– Globus Theater at Lakeview Arts Barn
Boats and Watersports:
– Rent a boat from Centre Point Marina or Birch Point Marina (Sturgeon Lake)
– Rent a Boat from Buckeye Marine or Happy Day Houseboat Rentals (Pigeon Lake)
– Pedego Electric Bike Rentals
– Bobcaygeon Bike Share
– Bobcaygeon Lawn Bowling
– Bobcaygeon Yoga
– Forbet Memorial Pool
– Peterborough Music Festival
– Sheffield Greens Golf Course
– Eganridge Golf & Country Club
– Six Foot Bay Golf
– Dunsford Golf Club
– Fenelon Falls Museum
– Kawartha Settlers Village
– Bobcaygeon Farmers Market
– Horseless Carriage Museum
– Maryboro Lodge Museum
– Boyd Heritage Museum
– Brooks Studio
– My Favourite Things
– Red Rock Antiques
– Gallery on the Lake
– Whetung Ojibway Center
– Boyd Heritage Museum
– Shopping at Downtown Bobcaygeon (Bolton Street)
– Curve Lake Indian Reserve
– Lang Pioneer Century Village
– Canadian Canoe Museum
– Fenelon Falls
– Peterborough Lift Lock
– Sturgeon Point
– Casino Rama, Orillia (1 hr)
– Shorelines Slots at Kawartha Downs (45 min)
– Casino Ajax (1.5 hr)
To make your stay as comfortable as possible, we would like to supply you this information:
Self Check-in Procedure:
– The key pad code will be sent 48 hours before your arrival. No requirement to notify the host.
Respect for the Neighbourhood:
– Rowdy behaviour, especially excessive noise to inconvenience the neighbours or other cottagers will not be tolerated.
– The host is available for email communication everyday from 9am till 11pm daily.
– We do not allow pets.
Access to the grounds:
– Please stay within the boundary lines of Bobcaygeon Resort and do not encroach onto the neighbours land.
– The guest will adhere to the cancellation policy dictated by the booking platform at the time of booking. For direct bookings through our website, Moderate Cancellation Policy: 100% refund up to 30 days before arrival, 50% refund up to 14 days before arrival. You can also receive a full refund if you cancel within 48 hours of booking.
– For direct bookings through our website we will bill your credit card for 50% upon reserving and the balance 60 days before your arrival. If you are reserving dates which have an arrival of 60 days or less, we will bill your credit card 100% at the time of booking.
Promotional Photo Permission:
– All guests at our resort could may be photographed or filmed throughout the season for marketing purposes. By staying at our resort, you consent to being filmed or photographed. If you do not consent, simply inform the photographer/videographer and they will not include you in any future promotional material.
During your stay:
– Please take your shoes off to protect the floors.
– Smoking is not permitted inside the cottage, but smoking is permitted outside.
– Number of people on-site must adhere with the amount of people listed in the booking.
– We are happy to say we operate on clean, drinkable, potable City Water, so feel free to cook with it and drink it.
Sheets, Linens, Towels:
– Bobcaygeon Resort does NOT offer towel and linen service.
– All beds are Queen size.
– All pull-out couches are Full size beds.
– Please bring your own linens.
– We do offer complimentary on-site laundry in the Resort Laundry Room (during regular season).
After your Stay:
– Please ensure the cottage is left in a respectable state upon your departure including: dishes being washed, garbage being taken out and surfaces wiped down.
Zero Liability Clause:
– The host will not be liable for anything that happens before, during or after your stay. Not limited to: damages to vehicles, theft of items, slips and trips, water issues, weather etc. It is difficult to give refunds for items that are out of our control.
We strive to be leaders in Waterfront Hospitality. If there is anything you are unsatisfied with, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make it right! We would prefer to fix it during your stay instead of hearing anything less than a 5 Star Review. Your friends at Bobcaygeon Resort 🙂
Thank you so much for staying with us! Please remember to leave us a review. We would appreciate it and it will help with expectations for future guests. Your feedback gives us the ability to improve. We appreciate that any suggestions for improvements be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and not shown publicly.
ADD A GOOGLE REVIEW HERE: https://g.page/r/CVibDHT3zpmsEB0/review
ADD A FACEBOOK REVIEW HERE: https://www.facebook.com/BobcaygeonResort/reviews
Enjoy your getaway at Bobcaygeon Resort!
***Please tag us in any of your great social media photos and videos at @BobcaygeonResort #BobcaygeonResort !